Converting new business leads into real sales
Ask yourself the questions listed below and think carefully about your answers in order to make an accurate assessment on whether or not you are growing your business into a saleable asset.
- Do I have three or more active lead generation campaigns underway all the time?
- Does each campaign have a logical sequence of activities from start to finish?
- Can I easily measure each of these campaigns?
- Do I have an articulated story telling selling system around my products and services for my marketing (creating the expectation) and sales (delivering an experience) efforts?
- Are my marketing and sales staff members trained to tell this story?
- Are they delivering my business’s desired customer experience consistently?
- Can I measure the conversion of leads into sales in a monthly report?
Your score: 0
It is unlikely you have a sustainable marketing and sales capability in your business. It is also highly likely that you are the marketing and sales function. Immediate action is needed. Start with your customers. Identify them, define them, and begin to understand how they buy what you sell.
You have some good bones in the skeleton of your business. If your challenges relate to people you employ, assess and simplify your work processes. If your challenges relate to customers, focus on these customers that you have the products and resources to service well and go further to deepen your understanding of them.
You’re on track. Marketing and sales is one of the toughest activities to get right in a business – well done. But, be sure that these functions can run without you. You need to be able to focus on delivery.