How to build (when everyone is scaling back)
I seldom go to shopping centres but was at one of the bigger Joburg centres last weekend. It was heaving – filled with consumers dressed to the nines but they were all empty handed. They are not spending!
Similarly business are taking longer and longer to take decisions and then are wanting the same product at last year's prices with the final decision being "No, not now!"
So how do we build, when everyone is scaling back?
- Get your value proposition right. Change the pitch of your offer. Why should your client buy your product or service?
- Value is more important than price. Create more value for the same price as an incentive.
- Train your team to sell effectively. Selling is a science not an art!
- Know your customer. It's about problem solving, problems have changed and continue to do so.
- Care! It makes people want to do business with you.
- Leverage every sale made.
Listen to the show here.
Tags: The Money Show